We have a new Triskele Paper Globe Paper Cut to join the Triskele Paper Globe line up! And didn’t it turn out gorgeous? I had so much fun taking pictures of it in the sun light (yes – the April heat in Bangkok is good for something ^_^ ) and very excited to show them to you.
It was quite a journey to create this beauty. I spent hours not only drawing up the design but then cutting it never being sure if it would actually be possible to turn the three 2D stripes of paper into this 3D Paper Ball which our Hattifant community has lovingly named Triskele Paper Globe!
While cutting I asked myself when to actually best push out the leaves and flower petals – before or after I put together the paper ball? When should I score the half moon lines? It was clear to leave all leaves and petals in place as long as possible to not be disturbed by or even break and bend them. I chose to form the leaves and petals before assembling the paper globe.
And lucky me it was all good and with a bit of gentle tugging here and there I created a 3D Flower Triskele Paper Globe. I am in love! I think this version would make a perfect Wedding Gift!
And see here before putting together the globe we had such beautiful sun light streaming into our windows…
If you are completely new to this kind of Paper Craft – the Triskele Paper Globe – I suggest to give the simple version a try first. And then move on to the paper cut versions.
Now let me show you how to make your own 3D Flower Triskele Paper Globe!
Watch this video with me and follow along while I make my very first ever 3D Flower Triskele Paper Globe!
- Download the printable (see link further below).
- Cut out all three stripes.
- Score the half moon shapes (there are 12 – 4 on each stripe). This is an important step as the paper cut work is quite filigree and if we don’t score those lines it will be almost impossible to fold them afterwards. You can also score those lines after the paper cutting but before bringing into shape the 3D leaves and petals.
- Now it is time to paper cut all leaves, petals and lines. ENJOY! ^_^
- Fold the half moon shapes.
- Bring out all petals and leaves.
- Now we will put together the globe: Glue or tape two of the stripes into loops.
- Place loop 1 into loop 2 as if creating a cross.
- Then add the third stripe gently in between the other two (see video) – tape closed. All three stripes/loops are now interconnected and cannot escape anymore.
- Wiggle all half moon shapes so they are visible (see video) and then fold them into place by pushing the half moon shape gently inwards.
If you would like to make your own 3D Paper Cut Flower Triskele Paper Globe then please head to either Hattifant’s
You will receive:
- 1 PDF file with black outlining (you can use this as coloring page also)
- 1 PDF file with light gray outlining.
The Mandala will measure approximately 10cm in diameter.
- 120gsm Paper
- Craft knive/scalpel
- Scoring tool and safety mat
- pen or similar round object to bring flower petals into shape
Happy paper cutting and crafting with this beautiful 3D Paper Cut Flower Triskele Paper Globe! And don’t forget to send in your own pictures!!!
More HATTIFANT Crafts:
Hattifant’s SPRING Paper Craft Bundle
You like Hattifant’s designs, toys & décor? Why not LIKE Hattifant on Facebook and always be up-to-date with Hattifant’s latest adventures…
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION