Hattifant’s Tissue Box Aquarium
What do you need?
- empty tissue box
- decorational paper for the outside (we chose glitter sticker paper)
- print out of aquarium interior and fish (click on the sizes you prefer to get to download): Original (12×18 inch); A4 – 1st page, 2nd page, 3rd page; LTR – 1st page, 2nd page, 3rd page
- string (we used fish line)
- 10 beads to hold strings on top of tissue box and below the fish so that the fish are “swimming”
- Cut out a big square which will be the window of the aquarium. We left 2cm on each side.
- Decorate the outside of the box (e.g. glitter sticker paper)
- Cut out all pieces on the print out
- Start of with the walls: first top and bottom then sides and back part (I made the images slightly bigger as the sizes of tissue boxes vary – so you might need to cut it a little smaller)
- Put holes into top of the box in the places you would like your fish to swim
- Attach one bead to each string (these will be the ends of the string) and will prevent the fish from sliding down
- Run the strings through the holes from the inside and attach the remaining beads to the string so that the string doesn’t slide back through the holes
- Get the fish into the tank: Each fish can be folded so that you have a back and front; put glue on one of the insides and glue sides together with the string being inbetween front and back of the fish
- Stand ups: there are 4 stand ups (octupus and 3 coral images); gently fold to obtain a foot that can be then glued on to the bottom of the aquarium in a place of your liking
And FINISHED!!! Congratulations you now own your very own aquarium!
Images used in the aquarium were found on and used with many thanks from the following sites:
- Save a Reef – a school project wherein a local environmental issue was explored in this case the Coral Reefs that surround Southern and Eastern Africa. http://saveareef.wordpress.com/
- Genesis Nature Blog: http://beautifulnatureblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/coral-reef-habitats.html
- Eton Natural History Museum: http://etonnhm.com/virtual-tour/coral-reefs/
- Barbaras HD Wallpapers: http://barbarashdwallpapers.com/blue-wallpapers-part-2/
- Google in general for tropical fish images
You like Hattifant’s designs, toys & décor? Why not LIKE Hattifant on Facebook and always be up-to-date with Hattifant’s latest adventures…
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
Please kindly note that the use of the Hattifant Site and its services (e.g. downloads) offered, are for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not publish, license or create derivative works (for commercial use) from, transfer, or sell any information, products, downloads or services obtained from the Services. Hattifant is the sole owner of all content on the Hattifant Site, unless stated otherwise. You may borrow pictures but always name the source and link to the Hattifant Site, please. It would be lovely if you sent an email to manja(at)hattifant(dot)com in this case.