A lovely foreign language teacher got in touch asking for her students if I could create a kaleidocycle that would wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Spanish. Well, yes! ¡Sí, por supuesto! So here is Hattifant’s KALEIDOCYCLE ‘Merry Christmas & New Year Wishes’ Paper Toy in (for now) 6 languages.
What is a Kaleidocycle?
You have not ever heard of Kaleidocycles or Flextangles or Flexahedrons before? Threat not… do have a look here. You will also find more options (e.g. Spring, patterns, animals) to craft and play with throughout the year. A Kaleidocycle, is a paper folded model made of (in our case) 6 tetrahedrons linking together into a cycle or ring. The fun part is that you now can rotate the cycle forever displaying (in our case) 4 images.
For this KALEIDOCYCLE ‘Merry Christmas & New Year Wishes’ Paper Toy I chose a Santa, Christmas Tree and more New Year themed, a Snow Man and Star.
Currently the Kaleidocycle is available in 6 languages:
Of course, if there are any other languages you might be interested in then please get in touch. I love hearing from you and always open for suggestions. Write to manja(at)hattifant.com!
How To Make a Kaleidocycle?
I created a new video tutorial for you to follow along. Enjoy!
You will need:
- template (see further below),
- paper (120 gsm or light card stock works well),
- coloring pens,
- scoring tool, ruler and safety mat,
- glue and tape
- Download & print the template & enjoy some coloring time.
- I like to score the lines that I will later fold. It makes the folding very precise and feels much easier to fold.
- Cut out the kaleidocycle shape along the lines.
- Time to fold all vertical and diagonal lines. The video shows exactly which ones step by step.
- Add glue to the three outlined areas and
- glue the paper toy together. Do wait a while for it to dry before moving on the the next step.
- Add glue to the flap and insert flap end into other kaleidocycle end.
- Add tape to make the kaleidocycle paper toy last longer.
And then it’s already time to PLAY!!! Enjoy!
Ready to get your template and make one yourself? You can find this KALEIDOCYCLE ‘Merry Christmas & New Year Wishes’ Paper Toy to Color In in my Gumroad Shop FREE to download.
You might be interested in another bundle I have prepared for you! Click on the image below or HERE.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Happy crafting and coloring!
More Christmas Crafts:
You like Hattifant’s designs, toys & décor? Why not LIKE Hattifant on Facebook and always be up-to-date with Hattifant’s latest adventures…